Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Old Timer
    Diamond
    Thanks

Dark Souls 2 Modding, thoughts?

Alright, so it seems to me that Dark Souls 2 can be modded.

Here-

Link

Without a J-Tag, I mean. Very bottom V 10 of that link.

Now, do you think that the servers keep track of what you have, soul count, effigy, etc?

Just wondering, if anyone has any insight into this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolvo View Post
    Apparently, Dale decided to be a **** and enable it for me, and just me. Every time I view a page, the song Friday starts playing. Over, and over, and over.

If I'm not mistaken, but I believe now, what ever your stats and soul level you are, is also the same for the creatures you fight. Which means if you have 9999999... health, so will your enemies, at least non-Jtag wise. Unless anyone knows a work around this, I say the mods just make the game unbeatable. I could be wrong though, I was using the save editor from 360haven, and the monsters scale with you.

Thanks
    I wrote a whole guide on that thread actually lol.
    Stamina and health cannot be boosted past their current "max" limits.
    2505 or something for HP and 200 for Stamina.
    IF you touch your stats at all with the editor and go online, your save becomes corrupted upon reloading it because of the calibration check every time you load your save.
    Also with that editor, anything in your inventory is wiped if you use the "100 items x99" button. Although this should be fixed in the v11 revision.
    The "enemies are now super hard" issue is only because people mod their bonfire level which corresponds as if you burnt that one item that boosts difficulty around you.
    The only way to boost levels and then maintain online play is to use an empty inventory, click the 100 items button, use the many MANY souls they provide to level ingame.
    However your soul level is now very high. (I only have 3 99 stats and my total soul level aka platinum souls is over 53 million).
    REOPEN the editor and change your platinum soul level to desired "normal" amount.

You now have the ability to mod levels, you have a ton of items, upgrade items and other useful ****, and you can still play online without the calibration check corrupting your save.

The new revision (v11) SHOULD be adding the ability to choose different save slots and also the beginning of an inventory editor.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CouncilWolf View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, but I believe now, what ever your stats and soul level you are, is also the same for the creatures you fight. Which means if you have 9999999... health, so will your enemies, at least non-Jtag wise. Unless anyone knows a work around this, I say the mods just make the game unbeatable. I could be wrong though, I was using the save editor from 360haven, and the monsters scale with you.
    Leave your bonfire aesthetic/intensity alone. This should solve the "enemy scaling" issue.

5. Thanked by:
     TXGodMode

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyRascal View Post
    IF you touch your stats at all with the editor and go online, your save becomes corrupted upon reloading it because of the calibration check every time you load your save.
    Also with that editor, anything in your inventory is wiped if you use the "100 items x99" button. Although this should be fixed in the v11 revision.
    The "enemies are now super hard" issue is only because people mod their bonfire level which corresponds as if you burnt that one item that boosts difficulty around you.
    The only way to boost levels and then maintain online play is to use an empty inventory, click the 100 items button, use the many MANY souls they provide to level ingame.
    However your soul level is now very high. (I only have 3 99 stats and my total soul level aka platinum souls is over 53 million).
    REOPEN the editor and change your platinum soul level to desired "normal" amount.

You now have the ability to mod levels, you have a ton of items, upgrade items and other useful ****, and you can still play online without the calibration check corrupting your save.

The new revision (v11) SHOULD be adding the ability to choose different save slots and also the beginning of an inventory editor.
    Oh, I didn't know that, I might try that later on because I've been getting my ass handed to me. Also, I thought that non-Jtag can only use V6, because when I look at the pictures of the versions above the V6 editor, it seems to only have a Jtag/RGH option.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CouncilWolf View Post
    Oh, I didn't know that, I might try that later on because I've been getting my ass handed to me. Also, I thought that non-Jtag can only use V6, because when I look at the pictures of the versions above the V6 editor, it seems to only have a Jtag/RGH option.
    The OP is a non native english speaker. The revisions are pretty much all the same, just not explained well. Pretty much some tweaks here and there.
    I forget which one I'm running, but it has a button to switch to the jtag controls.
    I think they're all pretty much straightforward.

V11 is a bit behind though. :c

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyRascal View Post

I was actually just looking that that one, thanks to this reply I'm going to try it out.
    c:
    Thanks for the input!

EDIT: So I went ahead and used it, it works perfectly. I DID NOT edit my stats cause I kinda wanted to beat it without that. I just wanted a unfair advantage in early game items. Simply using the 100 to x99 button and injecting worked. No corruption, and could still go online. I would recommend this to other people!
    Last edited by TXGodMode; 03-15-2014 at 01:36 AM.

Thanks
    I'm glad it worked for you! I've got a decent amount of time online and since the hp and stamina are technically normal, no one has even suspected anything.

I'll post on here when v11 comes out. Its technically two days behind but the Dev decided to focus on adding a full inventory editor.

Hopefully in future revisions we can see something to bypass the "max" health and stamina
    Last edited by DizzyRascal; 03-15-2014 at 09:04 AM.

10. Thanked by:
     TXGodMode

the only thing i do find wrong with this mod tool is that the option to change from male to female....if you start as a female you will be changed to the default male...they need to take that option out had to restart a new characters cause it changed my female to a male..and i am running V13

Old Timer
    Diamond
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveMDK View Post
    the only thing i do find wrong with this mod tool is that the option to change from male to female....if you start as a female you will be changed to the default male...they need to take that option out had to restart a new characters cause it changed my female to a male..and i am running V13
    You can get in the coffin, near the starting area and it will change your gender to the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolvo View Post
    Apparently, Dale decided to be a **** and enable it for me, and just me. Every time I view a page, the song Friday starts playing. Over, and over, and over.

13. Thanked by:
     TXGodMode

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast