Out of the blue, Horizon has decided to stop working. When I start it, I don't even get the logo. A Windows error box pops up saying 'Horizon has stopped working'. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work including:
- Uninstalling/reinstalling and deleting the LocalApps folders.
- Running as Admin and in different compatibility modes
- Uninstalling .NET Frameworks and reinstalling only up to v3.5
- Performing a complete system reset to factory settings, with and without installing updates
- Turning off all antivirus and firewalls.
- Installing earlier versions of Horizon
...and as many combinations of the above as I could imagine.
I'm running Windows Vista x32 Home Premium. Any suggestions?
Edit: Managed to solve it. If anybody gets this problem in the future, I think the problem lies in the latest installer package for Horizon. I removed all .NET Frameworks and installed 3.5 manually, then installed a much earlier version of Horizon. I let it update through Horizon itself rather than using the installer package from this site.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
"Horizon has stopped working..."
Last edited by GrimEffigy; 08-04-2013 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Problem solved.
By fnord in forum Horizon Support & Bug ReportsReplies: 14Last Post: 09-19-2012, 01:16 PM
By Theogenes in forum Horizon Support & Bug ReportsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-12-2012, 01:33 PM
By NadMaiq in forum Horizon Support & Bug ReportsReplies: 26Last Post: 07-19-2012, 12:05 PM
By spike8989 in forum Horizon Support & Bug ReportsReplies: 2Last Post: 04-12-2012, 09:27 AM
By fnord in forum Horizon Support & Bug ReportsReplies: 3Last Post: 10-14-2011, 04:59 PM