Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Diamond
    Thanks
    This is not for any bug related questions. Theres an offical thread for that.

Lets gather up our intelligence on whats possible using this editor. Not just what the editor can do, but what you can do with it. Ive been modding since it was possible on the game, and will answer any questions I can. Im sure others will lend there knowledge as well.

So first question, from me. What does meta.staff do?
    and a second, if I wanted to mercy kill someone, what traits could I set on them to accomplish that.
    Last edited by Chris; 07-20-2013 at 11:57 AM.

2. Thanked by:
     Embrace

Old Timer
    Diamond

R.I.P Paul Walker
    Thanks
    Pholic you are gonna like this! I now have a 4 man squad.

Ok save is uploaded , You now have 3 Swat guys following you with guns

Link

You are at Snyder's Warehouse with 17 survivors and 3 are following you. Maybe someone can figure out how to make other survivors follow you with different traits equipped on.
    Last edited by Chris; 07-20-2013 at 11:57 AM.

4. Thanked by:
     MEATNBEANS

Re: State of Decay Editor FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by pholic View Post
    This is not for any bug related questions. Theres an offical thread for that.

Lets gather up our intelligence on whats possible using this editor. Not just what the editor can do, but what you can do with it. Ive been modding since it was possible on the game, and will answer any questions I can. Im sure others will lend there knowledge as well.
    Idk about meta.staff. i think i might relate to the swat guys at the courthouse kinda like how they stand guard and patrol around the place. That just my thoughts on it. For mercy shor i think you would need trait.status.mercyvictim, or trait.statusmercyshot and i think trait.mission.killme. i havent tried it but i think that might work. Edit: and try trait status.potentialmercyshot. try a combination or all of these and i think you will get it.
    Last edited by shanedude25; 07-20-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Diamond
    Thanks

Ive tried multiple combos, but the only way ive been able to do it is take someone waiting on me to go on a mission with them already, and change the mission to killing them with the misson.killme trait. I cant seem to put a survivor on a mission, thats the prob im having.

Thanks for the upload, Im gonna play with it tonight after work and see what i can figure out. Id love to figure it out, just so you can have even just one guy with you at all times following you.
    Ultimate goal, I want to make a save from the start where just the three of you roam the map until you run out of places to loot and eventually die. With the ranger station crap base as your home. I got the first half, a missonless Sandbox save at the ranger station with an open map, and no access to cars. Its on my site. If finally makes the game difficult, with no cars and no base upgrades, you only have a med center and a supply locker. But you can roam, kill zombies, skill up, do all the things you could do minus the radio. I really wish I could figure out how to get that to work as well, but it doesnt even function or pop up at all until you make it to the church.

'Influence'
    Thanks

I'v noticed a lot of people have been talking about certain traits and what can be done by changing them.

I'll make a thread soon or update the State of Decay tutorial one for you guys, which can be found here.

Whoever said, 'It's not whether you win or lose that counts,' probably lost.

8. Thanked by:
     CountryBoy74

Diamond
    Thanks

You can now ask a community NPC to follow you and watch your back.

From TU3 patch notes, so we are wasting our time! damn.

And thanks Nath, I felt bad discussing this stuff here. Everyone to the Tut thread!

Old Timer
    Diamond

R.I.P Paul Walker
    Thanks

Hey look at this...

This is my Squad , Until the update comes out this will be useful. 6 Man squad is the way to go.

Diamond
    Thanks

Awesome, still cant switch to them though without losing the following trait right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
    Pholic you are gonna like this! I now have a 4 man squad.

Ok save is uploaded , You now have 3 Swat guys following you with guns

Link

You are at Snyder's Warehouse with 17 survivors and 3 are following you. Maybe someone can figure out how to make other survivors follow you with different traits equipped on.
    Pretty cool save Reaver. I've taken a look at your save and managed to apply, to my save, what you had on your squad members following you.

Diamond
    Thanks

How do I gain more survivors?

My first play through, I gained 16 and my second play through, I was only able to find 12. Are they at random?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast